Thursday, December 11, 2014

Throwback Thursday: NYC Girl's Trip!

Hello Everyone!

Just like last weeks Throwback Thursday post about me and Jon's trip to Colorado, I will be taking you back to August 2012 when I first visited New York City!  I went on this trip with: my mom, two aunts, and 3 cousins all on my dad's side of the family.  Back in 1999 we did a girl's trip to San Francisco, so we were overdue for another trip together.  We settled on the Big Apple, and book a long weekend away.  We stayed at my dad's cousin's condo in the Bronx, which was so nice and a huge money saver for us.  We used the subway like true New Yorkers and commuted into Manhattan to explore touristy things and to SHOP!  On our first day downtown, my mission was the original Tiffany's on 5th Avenue.  I had planned to treat myself to a new bracelet, so I purchased that an gawked at how amazing the building was.  That first evening we visited Times Square which reminded me of a mini Vegas strip (but less trashy), but it was pretty incredible to see.  The next day we all headed off to see the Statue of Liberty and tour Ellis Island.  I would definitely recommend the Statue of Liberty, as it was a very moving and emotional experience that I did not expect.  Later that evening we all went home and got dolled up to see Jesey Boys on Broadway!  This was by far the best part of the trip and the best Broadway musical I have seen to date.  "The costumes, the pageantry, WOW what a musical!" (Major props to anyone who knows what that is from)  After being completely blown away by the show we stopped in at Carnegie Deli and chowed down the biggest sandwiches ever.  The next day was our last day, so my mom and I skipped the MET and chose to shop and bum around the city together before flying back home.  This was such a wonderful trip and I would hightly recommend a trip to NYC.  NYC is very similar to Vegas in the sense that you only need a couple of days to have a great time, so do an extended week and make sure to check out a show on Broadway while you are in town.

Below are all of the pictures from our trip :)




Have you ever been to NYC? Broadway?  What was your favorite thing to do or your favorite show?

- Courtney

1 comment:

  1. this was a blast! so glad you posted it. we'll have to gear up for another adventure, xo

    ReplyDelete