Thursday, December 4, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Colorado Trip 2013!

Hello Everyone!

I thought I might start a little feature on my blog called Throwback Thursday, to document trips and events that I have experienced and never properly shared photographs of.  This will not be an every Thursday thing, but I will be doing it for a bit to show you all of the lost memories of some really great times I've had.

The first installment is me and Jon's trip to Breckenridge, CO!  This trip was something I planned for Jon as a part of our 1 year anniversary, Christmas, and him graduating college.  He was the person to introduce me to snowboarding (not sure if I ever mentioned I like to do!), so it was the next step to FINALLY take a trip to the real mountains out West and give em a go.  This trip is so special to me, as it was our first BIG trip away and we got to do something we both love a ton.  Aside from the breathtaking views during our snowboarding sessions, we were in Breckenridge at a pretty awesome time.... ULLR FEST!  This is a week long celebration of the God of snow, Ullr.  They hold a huge parade with a bunch of crazy locals scantily clad frolicking about: drinking, laughing, and even hot tubbing.  It was absolutely hilarious to watch, and Jon even joined the parade to do an ice luge shot!  Kudos to him for being brave and adventurous as I watched from the sidelines.  They also had a fireworks show one of the evenings, which was incredible as we got to watch it from one of our resorts outdoor hot tubs.  Definitely the best firework display I have seen and experienced.  Another really fun event we participated in was a comedy show, which just so happened to be held at our resort, so we quite enjoyed ourselves at that.

All in all, this was such a wonderful trip and I could not have asked to spend it with a more amazing person.  I successfully snowboarded down a MOUNTAIN (there is video footage in case you don't believe me), experienced Ullr Fest, and survived -26 degree temperatures the entire time!  I am looking forward to our next trip to Colorado, which we hope to do sometime early next year, so stay tuned and enjoy all of our photos from the trip!

6:00 AM flight to Colorado!
Since the mountains do not have lights, we did a ton of drinking on our first day :P
View of the ski lift from our room
More drinking at a winery in town
Delicious vino
First day snowboarding - I let Jon go down once without me and enjoyed a cup of coffee and a great view (not displayed that nicely in this picture)

First trip up the lift
:)
View of the mountains.  The lifts take almost a half hour to get you to the top....which sometimes isn't the actual top...you have to get on another lift to go even higher.
We tried our resorts oxygen bar and looked incredibly sexy as you can see!
Case and point
Probably our best photo to date
Float in the parade
Talk about scary!
Not the best quality photo of us, but I still like it :)
Back on the mountains for another day of freezing fun!
Beautiful
On top of the world!
Night out on the town for shopping and fun!
Amazing creperie, definitely recommend this if you are in town!
So cold out his Coke froze immediately! :(
Trying to get just a little bit to drink... didn't happen
Pizza crepe!
Nutella and banana crepe....HEAVENLY! :)
We stayed at Beaver Run Resort in the Colorado Suite.  It had a bedroom area with a queen bed, a private room with a jacuzzi tub (AMAZING!), a bathroom, kitchenette, living room, balcony, and a wood burning fireplace!  They also had an indoor swimming pool and tons of outdoor hot tubs.  It was ski in/ski out, so that was a great plus because we didn't have to travel.  Great stay, I would definitely recommend!

That is all folks!  I hope you enjoyed these pictures from our trip to Breckenridge.  I would definitely recommend this city to visit if you are in Colorado.  Tons of fun things to do even if you are not snowboarding or skiing.  Great downtown with cute shops and great nightlife.  I cannot wait to go back when it isn't SO cold and do a bit more.  We plan to go back to Breckenridge and hopefully hit up Snowmass and Vale.

Have you ever been to Breckenridge?  Did you enjoy it?  Have you been to any other mountains in Colorado or areas that you would recommend?  Let me know in the comments below!


- Courtney

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Remember when you got too drunk at dinner, and I had to chug your martini?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time!! That ski lift looks terrifying though

    ReplyDelete