Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Red Lipsticks

Hello Everyone!

With the holidays right around the corner, I thought I would share my favorite red lipsticks, like every other beauty blogger in the world (another post on this couldn't hurt though, right?).  Anyways, I have mentioned in other posts that lipstick is a new thing for me in the past 6 months, so I am very pleased that I have already graduated to REDS!  Below you will find all of the reds I own, and what they look like on my lips.  Before applying any lipstick (especially red) it is nice to use a lip scrub, so I recently picked up LUSH's Bubblegum lip scrub.  This stuff works wonders at removing all of the dead and chapped skin from your lips, which allows for a smoother more flawless finish.  After using the lip scrub, I line my lips with the NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil in Hot Red.  I have found that this helps my lipstick last longer, and avoids "you know what" lip.  Check out all of the colors below to see some different options for the holidays!


LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub - $9.95
NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil in Hot Red - $3.49
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb - $22.00
Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red - $13.00
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Big Bang - $5.89
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout - $9.49
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple - $8.49
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Kiss Me Coral - $8.49
Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Vampire Kiss - $10.14

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb
Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Big Bang
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple with Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Kiss Me Coral on top
Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Vampire Kiss
I hope you all enjoyed this post and got some ideas for a red lipstick that can work for your skin tone. 
 
- Courtney

2 comments: