Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dry February Completed!

Hello Everyone!

Loose Lipped Labels
I am proud to let you all know that I successfully completed Dry February.  In my Wednesday Health post from two weeks ago I filled you all in on my personal journey to not drink for the entire month of February.  Cutting alcohol for a month has been something I have been wanting to do for quite some time, and I am glad that I finally was able to do this.  during the month I faced many challenges and wanted to quit so bad just to "have fun" with everyone else.  Most of the times when I was in situations involving alcohol, I was bummed that I could not be enjoying myself as much as everyone else was, but I found that I had just as good of a time without being drunk.  I had some really great experiences with friends and family AND it was so nice to remember every little detail and wake up without a hangover.  I do not say this meaning every time I drink I black out and have hangovers, but sometimes even a glass of wine can give me a wicked headache the following morning.  Sucks getting old!

All in all, this was a unique health journey for me and as mentioned before I feel very fulfilled knowing that I was able to say goodbye to alcohol for a month!  It may have been the shortest month of the year, but I did it! ;)

I want to encourage you all who are facing challenges with any health related journeys in your life that you can do it!  You have the power to change!  Don't get hung up on the social stigmas or your own fear of failing.  Everyone hits bumps in the road, but not everyone is strong enough to overcome those obstacles and persevere!  I am going to end it here before I turn into some rambling motivational speaker, but keep working towards your goals!  Let me know below how you are doing on your journey!

Also, stay tuned for Friday's post featuring my amazingly talented friend's Etsy Shop Loose Lipped Labels! She made the adorable custom label for me in the photograph above and continues to blow me away with her creativity and how she is building her brand! :)

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment