Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Dry February

Hello Everyone!

Today is my first Wednesday post related to Health and I will be talking about Dry February.  Some of you may have no idea what I am talking about, so I will explain.  Dry January is a "thing" many people participate in after the holidays as a way to stop drinking for a month and get back on track with healthy habits. I wanted to take this challenge in January, but life got the best of me and I gave in to all the social events and parties....  January was not a good month for me to try anything new, so I decided to do Dry February instead!  I must tell you not committing to anything in January has made it much easier to give it my all this month (and hopefully the rest of the year!).  As of February 1st, I have completely cut out alcohol in all forms AND been eating little to no carbs, focusing my meals around meats, fruits, and vegetables.  After the first week I did my first weigh in and was disappointed to see I had only lost 2 pounds!!!! I, like most everyone else, felt my week of dedication to healthy food and no liquor would miraculously make me shed at least 5 pounds... But it did not.  This is not a bad thing at all, in fact it means I am doing things correctly by not losing a ton of weight rapidly.  I just need to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race!  Patience is a much needed thought process when trying to improve any habit, so these past two weeks I have continued my healthy eating habits and no drinking and as of yesterday FINALLY started exercising again.  I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I am committed to being my best version of me no matter how long it may take. I am excited to document this journey and hope to inspire you all along the way!  Moving forward I will discuss recipes, workouts, updates, etc. each Wednesday to motivate this community to reach their personal goals! :)
Please let me know in the comments what you are currently doing or hoping to start doing to be the best version of you?  Also, let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to post about in the future.  

Stay positive! You can do this :)
- Courtney

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to add positive things to my life, such as 64 oz of water per day, fruits and veggies, and yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo ready to join your quest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a vitamin regimen in mid-November with the thought that I'd do a cleansing for the new year. Like you, the temptations won that battle! I'm ready to get focused and on the road you're on! Let's do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna miss my February of having a designated driver!

    ReplyDelete