Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Quick and Healthy Breakfasts

Hello Everyone!

You may not know this about me, but I am very into breakfast and all the food that comes along with it.  I am "one of those people" who gets incredibly sick if I do not eat first thing in the morning.  This means that no matter how early I have to leave the house I need to be able to eat something substantial so I can survive the morning.  I actually spend more time around preparing and eating breakfast than getting ready for work or the day.  Since I dedicate most of my time to this and am not a morning person, I like to make healthy foods quickly to maximize my time.  Below you will see some of my go to breakfasts that I make throughout the week.

Avocado Egg Toast
This takes about 5 minutes to prepare.  I put the egg on the stove, then the toast in the toaster, and while both are cooking I cut the avocado.  I add pepper and salt for taste and switch up what style of eggs I make.  This is sooo tasty and filling! 
Oatmeal and Fruit
I prepare 1/2 cup of instant oatmeal with 3/4 cashew milk for 2 minutes in the microwave.  After cooking I add whatever fresh fruit I have on hand and drizzle some honey on top.
 
Scrambled Eggs and Ham
I beat 2-3 eggs and add to an olive oiled pan.  Then I add: honey ham, spinach, and cheese.  Once cooked, I serve on a plate with a bit of Frank's Hot Sauce.  YUM!

I know that none of these recipes are out of the ordinary, but they are healthy, quick, easy, and most importantly filling!  They all give me the fuel I need to start my day and taste delicious!  Do you have any yummy breakfast recipes to share?  Let us know below in the comments!

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment