Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Entryway

Hello Everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you my only fully completed room in our house!  Behold our entryway!  This was a fun space to create and I am very pleased with how it looks and its functionality.  The dresser is my Nana's that used to be storage in my parent's garage, but I asked for it in my home and they had no problem giving it up.  To think this was just wasting away in their garage with extension cords and screw drivers makes me sad, but I am glad it is the first thing people see when they enter our home.  Not only is it pretty, but it holds all of our winter accessories, some of our shoes, and other odds and ends.  The mirror above the dresser is from Hobby Lobby and I love how it is arched to match the archways in our home!  It makes the spaces feel bigger and adds light, too.  The tea set is a silver set I found antiquing and the lamp was found at a consignment shop.  I have a ceramic Alice in Wonderland tray that we keep our keys on.  On the wall there is a small arch cutout which holds our doorbell, two thrifted plates, and a galvanized mailbox.  The mailbox was from Target and is a great way to separate our bills from junk mail.  My favorite piece in here has to be the star pendant light.  Our house had/still has hideous light fixtures, so I was very happy when this was hung as it adds great character to the space.  This entryway has a coat closet behind the front door, which boasts the adorable brass knob (again with the Alice in Wonderland.....think I have a problem) and holds tons of extra storage.
 

I am glad to share one completed room of our house with you all!  Let me know what makes your entryway unique yet functional?  Also, let me know any blogging camera recommendations....Mine is clearly awful and I am on the hunt to make this space more beautiful.  Any tips would much appreciated!

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment