Friday, March 11, 2016

Smile Care Club - Evaluation Kit

Hello Everyone!

I am in the process of trying out a brand called Smile Care Club, which provide clear braces through the mail.  I had braces back in the day, and for the most part love the results, BUT my orthodontist purposely over corrected two of my teeth stating they would align themselves.....12 years later no such luck!  My mom found this company while browsing Pinterest, so I thought I would check them out.

Smile Care Club offers clear braces through the mail at a much lower price than traditional forms of braces with an orthodontist.  I was quote close to $4,000.00 for Invisalign at my dentist while Smile Care Club offers three standard payments depending on the severity of your case: $900.00, $1,400.00, or $1,900.00.  To figure out which plan you fall into you first purchase an Evaluation Kit for $95.00.  This is completely refundable if you chose to not move forward with the program.  I was able to receive my kit for half off due to a promotional code around Valentine's Day.  They tend to have tons of different codes at all times, so I would look around for one prior to spending the full $95.00.  The kit is delivered right to your doorstep and has a prepaid shipping label already on the package to send back through FedEx.

The kit includes:
  • Your treatment begins with an evaluation of your smile (either an on site scan or easy, at-home dental impressions and photo assessment).
  • Your purchase includes Starter Trays to confirm fit and help you get accustomed to wearing invisible aligners, a 3D treatment plan to see how your smile will change, and free teeth whitening by GLO Science.
If you do not want to move forward with the program, you simply contact the company and they will refund you for the Evaluation Kit.

Last week I received my Evaluation Kit and took some photographs of my experience.  I found it was not too difficult to take the molds, and shipping the box back was a piece of cake!  I did just hear back though that my molds were not accepted, so I will need to redo them.  This is going to cost me $49.00 to receive a new kits, but this is refundable if I choose to not move forward with treatment.  If I do move forward with treatment the $49.00 will go towards my totals cost.  I was pretty bummed that I have to retake the molds, but I figure this is SOOOO much cheaper than going through a traditional orthodontist, it is worth one more try.  I want to keep you all in the loop throughout this process and give you my honest feedback about this company!  As mentioned, I am a bit discourage because of having to redo the molds, but I am optimistic at the thought of saving thousands of dollars!!  Smile Care Club accepts insurance, so once I do receive my plan I can receive a 50% discount thanks to my wonderful Dental insurance ;)!  Another reason why I would like to give them just one more try!



Have you ever heard of Smile Care Club?  If so, what was your experience?  Stay tuned for more updates on my teeth straightening journey!

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment