Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ulta Made Me Do It!

Hello Everyone!

Recently I have been attending events at my local Ulta store put on by different brands and been buying a bit too many things!  In the past 2 months I have attended a class put on by Too Faced and a makeover put on by It Cosmetics.  Both were great experiences and offered different ideas and tips to my everyday and evening looks, plus the brand representatives were extremely helpful.  The first class, by Too Faced, was to teach you how to contour, but we also went over every other step in the makeup process from face priming to highlighting.  I found this class extremely helpful in the sense that I was able to talk through putting on eyeshadow properly and understand what techniques and looks best suit my eye shape.  The second event I attended was a makeover put on by It Cosmetics.  They held this on a Saturday, so I made sure to book one of the last appointments, so I could get my makeup done for the evening.  This turned out to be a win win because I have fallen in love with a few of their face products, which I was actually in need of since my current foundation is running out (this is my pathetic way of justifying my purchases...).  I have been using some of these products longer than others as the events were held about a month apart, but I thought I would give you a review of some hot makeup items on the market right now!

Too Faced
Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Peach Beach - $30.00
Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Peony - $21.00
Better Than Sex Mascara in Carbon Black - $23.00

It Cosmetics
Bye Bye Redness Correcting Creme - $32.00
Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ in Light - $38.00
All of these products have made their way into my heart, some I think to stay forever (unless they are discontinued...let's pray they won't be!) and others I may not repurchase.  The IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness may be the best makeup item to grace this universe.  I have a lot of red tones in my skin, and this is amazing at removing it all without even putting a foundation on top.

Look at the difference this product makes.  On the left I have absolutely no makeup on, and on the right I am just wearing the Bye Bye Redness.  This product is a miracle worker :)
Moving on from the Bye Bye Redness, I am absolutely head over heels for the Better Than Sex Mascara.  I have mentioned this before, but my love just continues to grow for this.  It is lengthening, thickening, and easy to remove.  Pure mascara bliss.  On top of the Bye Bye Redness, I am using the Your Skin But Better CC Cream, which is great.  It is very lightweight, but leaves a nice dewy effect on my skin.  I also love that it is SPF 50+!  Once this bottle runs out I plan to go a shade lighter for the fall/winter months, so my skin is still protected from the sun.  Lastly, I am a big fan of the Sweetheart Perfect Flush Blush.  This acts as a blush and highlighter in one, and is great to swipe on your cheeks when you are in a hurry.  The only product I am not super crazy about is the Melted Liquified Long Wearing Lipstick, but mostly because the color does not go with many looks I wear.  It is a baby pink color, which I do not think suits me at work, so I am limited in when I can wear this shade.

The finished look sans lipstick.  I was at book club, so I did not feel like putting on a lip product right before eating and drinking.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about some great new products on the market that I think would suit all skin types and skin problems.  Have you tried any of these products?  Let me know in the comments below what you think :)

- Courtney

1 comment: