Monday, August 11, 2014

Exercise of the Week: Walking

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by for another great exercise to perform over the next 7 days!  This week's exercise is: walking.  You may be thinking, how can you go from plank up-downs and burpee push-ups to WALKING!?  I am doing this because it is good to learn challenging exercises, but it is also beneficial to be reminded of exercises we can do anywhere and all the time.  Walking is such a great exercise, but with busy work schedules and social lives, we find ourselves sitting way too often.  It is time to change that! As I mentioned before walking is an activity that all age and ability levels can participate in, it is completely free, and you can do it anywhere!

I went to Starved Rock last week with my coworkers, which is a State Park that boasts tons of walking trails.  It was great to escape from the daily grind of the office to enjoy nature, while getting tons of steps in.  I have included some photos from our trip, and encourage you to get out on a 30 minute walk 5 times this week :)








"Walking is a man's best medicine." - Hippocrates
 
- Courtney 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever been there.. We should go!!!! Looks so fun :)

    ReplyDelete