Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Workout Wednesday: Butts and Guts

Hello Everyone!

Today was a super gloomy day filled with tons and tons of rain.  It is safe to say I had no motivation to leave the house.... this meant not getting to go for a long walk or make it to the gym.  I did not want to let the weather get in the way of a workout, so if I didn't want to go outside, I would workout inside.  Many of you may know that three years ago I taught group exercises classes as a part of my job.  One of my favorite classes I taught was a "Butts and Guts" class every Friday.  I checked my old emails and found a class plan and got ready for my workout!  I am so happy I found this as I got an incredible workout from this old plan and had a really great time doing it.  I think was in major part that it takes only 25-30 minutes to complete!

If you are looking for a fun, modifiable, and quick leg and core workout, then I strongly encourage you to give this workout a shot!


Butts and Guts
  • Warm-up - 5 minutes
  • Lower Body
    • Squat down for 2, up for 2 - 15x
    • Squat down for 3, up for 1 - 15x
    • Squat pulses - 15 seconds
    • Repeat 3x
    • Lunges down for 2, up for 2 - 15x
    • Lunges down for 3, up for 1 - 15x
    • Lunge pulses - 15 seconds
      Repeat 2x on each leg
    •  
    • Bridges - 25x
    • Bridge hold - 25 seconds
      Repeat 3x
  • Core 
    • Russian twists - 1 minute (3x)
    • Frog sit-ups - 1 minute (3x)
    • Plank holds - 1 minute (3x)
  • Cool Down / Stretch - 3-5 minutes
Let me know if you completed this work out and your thoughts!  As I mentioned before please feel free to modify as you see fit.  You can do this by adding weights, adjusting the repititions, or times.  Enjoy :)

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment