Friday, April 22, 2016

Courtney Cooks: Cajun Shrimp Pasta

Hello Everyone!

Last night I finally tried out Mama Karen Parker's Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe and we were not disappointed!  For those of you who do not know who Mama Karen Parker is, she is not a chef nor food blogger, but is the mother of country singer, Jessie James Decker.  When Jessie got married a few years back her mom made a recipe book for her as a gift with all her recipes.  She did not want this cookbook to be shared with anyone as it was very special and meaningful to their family.  Recently she has decided to post a few of the family's secret recipes to her blog, Leaving Louisiana.  I have seen tons of different people recreate her Cajun Shrimp Recipe on Instagram, so after buying some shrimp from Trader Joe's, I decided to whip it up for my pasta and shrimp loving husband.  It only took around 30 minutes to fully prepare and serve, so that was great!  On top of how quick and easy it was it actually tasted DELICIOUS! This is definitely something I will be making again! :)

The Food Journal
A SCRAPBOOK FOR FOOD LOVERS

This food journal is great for someone who want to create their very own cookbook.  I find this particular one really great because it does not have any templates or pre-made formats, each page is blank.  This allows you to write the recipes in the format that you most prefer.  This is super important for someone like me who writes lists and notes very specifically! ;)
 
Here is my version of Mama Karen Parker's recipe.  I was missing a few spices from hers, so I used salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.  I definitely think it could have been more "Cajun" tasting, so next time I am going to pick up the seasoning Karen uses Tony's Seasoning!

Here is the finished meal! 
It looks just as good as it tasted :)
I recommend anyone who enjoys pasta to give this recipe a try.  This is not something I foresee myself making regularly, so I am not worried about substituting the pasta noodles out for a veggie alternative (i.e. spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles).  Let me know if you have tried this recipe out, and if so tag me in a picture on Instagram @locococobean ;)

Also, do any of you have a special way of writing down and organizing your recipes?  I know my mom has tons of different recipe cards, index cards, and notebook paper scattered in one of ou kitchen drawers.  I have a few in my email, so each time I make one of them or another special recipe I will be writing it down in my scrapbook cookbook and maybe even share it with you all!

Feel free to share your favorite recipe below :)

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment