Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Trader Joe's Grocery Haul

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing wonderful!  I have been so inspired lately in regards to my health, so I thought I would show you some of the healthy food I purchased yesterday from Trader Joe's!  I normally do not shop their because it is not as convenient as other stores closer to me, but I really wanted to try Ezekiel bread and cauliflower rice, and I knew they had both, so I set up a shopping trip!

Pretty flowers the associates gave me because it was my birthday :)
Veggie Staples:
- Carrots
- Zucchini
- Avocados
- Baby Spinach
- Peppers
-Tomatoes
Fruit Favorites:
- Bananas
- Blackberries
- Cantaloupe
- Raspberries
- Strawberries
Meat:
- Eggs
- Chicken
- Steak (for my birthday dinner!)
- Shrimp
The reason for the trip.... Ezekiel bread!  I gave it a try this morning with some avocado in it, and it is not bad.  My first impression is that it is much crunchier than regular bread, but I am not sure if this is because I toasted it a bit or not.  Either way it was not bad for a healthier bread alternative.

Snack Foods:
- Edamame
- Cauliflower Rice
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges
- Inner Peas
 
Have any of you tried Ezekiel bread of cauliflower rice?  Let me know in the comments below!

- Courtney

1 comment: