Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Brookie Recipe and NYE Recap

Hello Everyone!

Piggybacking on Monday's post about my New Year's goals, I thought I would share the tasty treat I made for the big night (thanks to Lily Pebbles) and a little recap of what I got up to!  

You may be asking yourself, "What is a Brookie?"  That is a great question, and the answer is a combination of a brownie and a cookie.  After watching Lily Pebble's make these pretty much everyday during Vlogmas, I thought I would test them out for the party.  I am not a big brownie lover, but my thought was these would be more of a chocolate cookie....and they were! Brookies are very light on the tummy, gooey, and delicious!  I would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone looking for a new party treat.  Just be mindful this recipe does require your hands to get pretty messy, so be prepared!


Now onto the NYE Party!  I went to a friend's lake house with Jon and his cousin and spent the evening playing fun games (Cards Against Humanity and Catch Phrase), sipping on some good drinks, and digging in to some scrumptious food!  I was so happy to be surrounded by such a fun group of people while having such a relaxing, but STILL fun evening.

Ingredients:
¾ cup baking cocoa powder
1 ¾ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ¼ cup plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
Step 1: 
In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa, sugar and vegetable oil
Step 2:
Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla
Step 3:
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture.
Step 4:
Cover the dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.  (You do not need 4 hours, so if you're in a rush, no worries!)
Step 5:
Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking trays with parchment. Pour powdered sugar onto a plate and using a metal tablespoon, spoon and roll mixture into small balls coating each one with the powdered sugar before placing onto prepared trays.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Brookies Completed! :)
View of the lake
Quite the shot!
We all left a little note and thank you in the guest book to document our evening.
How was your NYE?  Let me know what you go up to in the comments below!  Did you make any yummy treats or dishes?  

- Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Car-bombs and fireball! We partied like Henry Hill and Tommy

    ReplyDelete