Thursday, April 10, 2014

HELLO Blogging World!

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to FINALLY be starting this blog!  I have been tossing the idea around for the better half of a decade...and here I am.  I guess I should start off with a bit of an intro: "I am Courtney.  I am 23 years old for the next 8 days.  I like to shop, binge watch television shows, read, cook, travel and exercise."  EXCITING STUFF, right?!

Anyways, I plan for this blog to be all things involved in my life (see above), reviews of things that interest me (see above), and the super cool things I do that are worth sharing.

I figured since my obsession with blogs has stemmed from beauty, my first post could also contain a mini haul from today...so here we go:

Today I decided to take advantage of the Springish weather and take a hike to Ulta on my lunch.  I had a few coupons, so I figured I might as well cash in on them and buy myself some new treats.

The goodies still in their packaging.

TA-DA!

It Cosmetics: Heavenly Luxe Dual Airbrush Foundation/Concealer Brush - $48.00
I used my 20% off coupon to purchase this brush, which made it much more worth it in my opinion. I am looking forward to trying this out tomorrow, and will get back to you with a review.

Tarte: Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (Fair) - $24.00
For your birthday Ulta now gives you $10.00 off any item.  I am running low on concealer and was deciding between the Tarte and the Smashbox HD.  I ended up going with Tarte because I am using their foundation currently and wanted to see how the products work together and the color match was much better.

BIOSILK: Finishing Spray - $3.10

I have been a big BIOSILK lover since college, the smell brings me such great memories.  I haven't used their products in awhile, but I saw this hairspray on sale (originally $6.20) and could not resist.  I love having tiny hairsprays to toss in your bag or for travel.

CK One Color: Mascara 
This mascara is the birthday gift Ulta gives members, which retails at $18.00.  I am on the quest to find my new holy grail mascara, so looking forward to trying this bad boy out. 

Well that is all for this first post!  Expect more details and excitement in following posts....had to get this first one out of the way ;)

- Courtney

2 comments: