Friday, May 2, 2014

Vino Review - The Dreaming Tree: Crush

Hello Everyone!

Happy Happy Friday!  I do not know about you, but I am very glad the week has ended.  Friday nights tend to be pretty low key for me since I am usually wiped out from the work day and week.  My favorite way to unwind on a Friday night is with a bottle (or two!) of wine and some television with Jonny.  Our wine of choice for the past year is The Dreaming Tree in the red blend Crush.   When I first started drinking wine I was not the biggest red fan, but over the years my taste buds have changed and I quite enjoy trying different red blends.  Do not get me wrong I still love me a good bottle of Riesling, but Jonny is more of a red wine drinker....so it makes the experience more exciting when you can compare with another person.

Onto The Dreaming Tree wine....  I should start by saying this wine is made by Dave Matthews....hence the name.  I would also like to say that I absolutely loathe, hate, despise and detest Dave Matthews, but I will give it to the man, he makes a hell of a wine.  The Dreaming Tree has five different wines:
  • Everyday
    • “Blended from select aromatic varietals that thrive in the central coast vineyards of Monterey County, Everyday is perfect as a sipping wine and it also goes well with spicy foods.” – Steve Reeder, winemaker
    • $15.00 / bottle
  • Chardonnay
    • “When I first met Dave, we talked about making a Chardonnay that captured the distinct citrus notes of the Central Coast. With its big fruit and loads of spice, we think this wine lives up to that promise. We hope you agree.” - Steve Reeder
    • $15.00 / bottle
  • Cabernet Sauvignon
    • “When you’re working with Dave, you want to make sure whatever you’re doing has soul. The rhythm of our North Coast Dreaming Tree Cabernet Sauvignon highlights classic aromas of blackberry, cherry and herbal notes wrapped by toasted vanilla. It’s an easy-drinking wine with a lot of character.”—Steve Reeder
  • Reserve Cabernet
    • Deep red hue, almost opaque. Fruit aromas, both red and black, lead into herbal sage and basil. Toasty oak in the nose adds a caramel richness. Full berries and cherries explode in the mouth.
    • $35.00 / bottle (SOLD OUT)
Drum roll please......
  • Crush
    • “For Crush, Dave and I hand-selected a special blend of our favorite varieties to create a red wine that pulls you in with notes of smoky berry and a pop of raspberry jam. Around the dinner table or out on the patio, it’s a wine you’re going to want to share with your favorite people.” –Steve Reeder on his Dave Matthews wine collaboration
    • $15.00 / bottle
I think Steve describes Crush perfectly! It is absolutely delicious, and in my opinion a great red to start off with when trying to make the switch from whites.

Above I listed the wines with links to purchase them directly from Dreaming Tree Wines, but you can find them in many local stores.  I am in the Chicagoland area and I have found them at: Jewel, Binny's, Meijer, Target and local liquor stores.  The price ranges anywhere from $11.00 - $15.00.

I highly recommend this brand of wine, specifically Crush (if it was not obvious already) along with their Chardonnay.  Those are the only two wines from the brand I have tasted, but I am looking into ordering the Everyday wine, since I have not seen that in stores ever.  Overall, I think Dave Matthews has finally done something I appreciate, and that is making a delicious and affordable red wine.


Cheers!

- Courtney

3 comments:

  1. Oh I want to try crush !! Loved this! Maybe even try them all ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 bottles down, one to go! Love you, tulip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Court, thanks for the recommendations for Fridays, xo

    ReplyDelete