Friday, May 16, 2014

Painting with Cocktails!


Hello Everyone!

On Wednesday evening myself and a few girlfriends went to a local bar and grille and attended their monthly "Painting with Cocktails" night.  I've heard a lot about these types of events in the past few months, so I was really excited to finally participate.  Many places around Chicago offer a painting class where you can drink and/or eat during.  Definitely makes for a great girls night out or even a bachelorette party (some places offer naughty paintings.... If you're into that sort of thing).  I expected to go in and drink wine and just paint a topic they gave you, but I was wrong!  There is actually an instructor that guides you through a specific painting (ours was a beach scene), and tells you which colors to use and where to place them on the canvas.  Our instructor even provided stencils for the palm tree, which was EXTREMELY helpful!  All in all, we had a great time drinking some vino and laughing at our painting abilities.  I would highly recommend finding a local place that offers this sort of affair.  You could even host one at home if that is more your style!  Here are some photos from our experience:

The Blank Canvas
Bee focused on her stenciling
Making progress!
Lauren filling in her palm tree
Stef stencilin'
Masterpiece in the making

DONE!

Just me and my precious artwork...no big
:)

Cheesin'
Voila!

- Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun time! Loved this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was walking to the store the other day and saw that one of these just opened up in an empty storefront. I am looking forward to trying it, xom

    ReplyDelete