Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Quick Update: Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup

Hello Everyone!

A few weeks ago I raved about Hourglass products in a Brand Bliss post, but wanted to update you on my newest purchase from the brand.  I had placed an order prior to putting up that post and spent a small fortune of $60.00 to try out their Veil Fluid Makeup Oil-Free Broad Spectrum SPF15.  I was soooooo excited for this foundation to blow my mind, but the first application had me immediately regretting my purchase.


Problem 1: Color Match
I ordered the foundation in the color: No. 1 - Ivory (fair with pink undertones).  Every time I have ever ordered a foundation, I make sure to select the lightest shade that has pink undertones and I always get a great color match.  Hourglasses definition is a bit different.  The color was about four shades too dark for me, which does not make sense because if you are ordering anything Ivory you most likely do not have nor will ever have a tan.

Problem 2: Smell 
This foundation has SPF 15 in it, which I thought was a huge bonus, but it absolutely reeked like sunscreen.  I thought the scent might go away after a bit, but I smelled like sunscreen for the entire day.

Problem 3: Application
The last problem I had when I used this product was the application.  As mentioned above that the color match was horrific, but the foundation did not blend well on the skin and clung to dry patches around my chin.

All in all, this foundation was a huge miss for me.  I ended up returning it the same day I tried it for the first time.  I think this really says something about how much I disliked this product, because normally I will give something a fair try, but for the price and color match I could not justify giving this one more minute on my face.

Let me know if you have had any bad luck with this foundation or any others?  Since this mishap, I have fallen back in love with my Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation.  I will definitely repurchase this foundation, but I would love to hear other suggestions from you for my next buy!  My skin type is: dry, acne prone, sensitive, and pink undertones.

- Courtney



1 comment: