Friday, March 13, 2015

Beauty Hacks in a Pinch!

Hello Everyone!

Last night while I was removing my makeup, I came up with the idea for this blog post.  I am currently waiting for my Emma Hardie cleanser to arrive at my house (it's been over 2 weeks now!!!), so I do not have a cleanser at the moment.  Instead of splashing out any money during the interim, I have been using a household product to cleanse.  Curious as to what it is??  Well, continue reading and all will be revealed!

Sometimes we are in a pinch, whether its money or time related, here are some of my best beauty secrets for either occasion.


Olive Oil Facial Cleanser
See, I told you all would be revealed shortly!  This is what started the post and is something I have been doing for years now.  I struggle with my skin, so a few years back I was researching ways to help acne, and I was recommended to use Olive Oil to cleanse my face, followed by a hot washcloth.  I did not find that this was an "Acne Cure All:" but it is a wonderful, safe, gentle, and natural way to remove your makeup and costs less than $5.00!  If you are ever out of cleanser, at someone else's home, or just looking for a chemical free facial solution; then Olive Oil is for you!

Hairspray Makeup Setter
This is a tip I learned from my friend, Stefanie, who is an esthetician.  We were all getting ready to go out and wanted our makeup to stay in place all night, and she said that using hairspray as a makeup setter works just as well as an actual setting spray made for this purpose.  You may know that I use the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray which retails for $14.00-$30.00, so if you are not looking to splash out on a spray and just want your makeup to last, simply use any aerosol hairspray (remember to close your eyes!) and mist it all over your face!  Viola, perfect makeup all night :)

Olive Oil and Sugar Exfoliator
Olive Oil again?!  I'm telling you this stuff is amazing for everything!  I personally am not the biggest fan of exfoliating, but sometimes it just needs to be done.  When I feel the need to exfoliate, I always make a homemade concoction opposed to spending any amount of money on something that will probably end up breaking me out.  I simply mix some Olive Oil with some sugar (this amount depends on the surface area I am exfoliating) and gentle massage onto my skin.  I rinse with warm water, and am left with smoother skin that is not irritated in any way!

Moisturizer Eye Makeup Remover
I have never been someone to purchase eye makeup remover as I feel if your cleanser cannot take it off, then you probably shouldn't be wearing so much, BUT sometimes we do wear a lot and do not want to wake up looking like a raccoon.  In these instances, I remove my make up as I normally would, but if I have eye make up residue left over, I put some moisturizer on a Qtip and get rid of the rest.

I hope some of my suggestions help you out in your next pinch!  Remember you can use any brand of product, but I recommend using what you have already in your kitchen or bathroom.  Let me know some of your beauty hacks in the comments below :)

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment