Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I'm Engaged!

Hello Everyone!

I think the title says it all, but I wanted to let you all know that I am engaged!  It happened a few weeks ago, and I could not be more excited to spend the rest of my life with, Jon!  It all went down on Saturday, March 14, 2015.  March 14th is a special day for us because it was when we first said "I love you" to each other (so lame, I know!), so I had been anticipating it may happen on that date.  I made myself super excited for this to happen, then the Sunday prior, Jon spoke to me about wanting to postpone just about everything in our life, so I was extremely devastated and lost hope.  He then asked me during the week if I wanted to go out for St. Patrick's Day....I reluctantly said I would and we now had plans to go downtown Chicago and celebrate with friends.  The morning of, we boarded the train and set out for the city, with me being very bummed out and Jon trying to cheer me up, insisting it was going to be a great day!  We got to a friend's house and had some drinks, then headed off to a bar to continuing celebrating.  When we arrived at the bar, I noticed they had a photo booth, so immediately myself and a few girlfriends hopped in an took some silly pictures.  I went back to my drink and Jon and thought that was it, but he asked me if I wanted to take some pictures in the photo booth.  Jon absolutely hates taking photos, so I immediately jumped on this opportunity and snuggled into the booth with him.

Then this happened....

AH!  I could not believe what had just happened and demanded we sit and discuss this, but he forced me out of the booth where our friends waited with champagne.  He had planned the entire day out from the photo booth to the champagne toast.  I cannot believe he was able to surprise me about this, but I could not be happier with how it turned out.  I am thankful to have such a wonderful fiance and such great friends who helped him pull this off!


Jon was super amazing and worked with a designer to create my ring, and I think he did quite a incredible job!  It is absolutely beautiful and my style!  I have already started browsing for wedding bands. ;)  I cannot wait for our wedding, which will be on September, 5, 2015!  Very very soon, so expect some wedding posts from not until then!

- Courtney

3 comments: