Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Brand Bliss: Hourglass

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to another little segment I will be continuing on this blog: Brand Bliss.  I talk about a fair amount of beauty in this blog, but I rarely focus on just one brand, so here we go!  Today’s brand is, Hourglass.  

I was introduced to this brand about 2 years ago, when my friend and I took a Sephora beauty class hosted by Hourglass.  This was the first class I ever took at Sephora and we absolutely loved it.  Hourglass is a high-end brand, but I think it is worth the price.  The first products I bought from the brand were:

Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation in Vanilla - $55.00
Photo Credit: sephora.com
 
I think this is an amazing foundation; however, I have dry skin, so the mattifying effect did not work well for my skin type.  The shade was the best color match I have ever had and it feels great on the skin.  I would definitely recommend this for anyone with normal or oily skin.

Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light - $45.00
This product is Holy Grail status for me!  I did not purchase this at the event as I was finishing up another powder, but I ordered it on January 28,2014 and am still using the same one to date.  I repurchased a new one in November, but still have not had to bust into it yet.
  • "Unlike traditional powders, which merely cloak imperfections, Ambient Lighting Powder utilizes photo luminescent technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion.” (Sephora.com)
  • The shade I use, Diffused Light is a ”soft, warm, pale yellow that reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity.” (Sephora.com)  This shade was recommended to me during the event, but there are 4 other shades offered to fit your skin’s needs.

After enjoying these products for a bit, I decided to try a bit more from the range, the first being the ever so popular Veil Primer.  This is Hourglass’s most popular product, and there is a reason for it! 

Veil Mineral Primer - $18.00-$72.00
This is by far the most raved about primer I have ever seen, and despite it's hefty price tag it is worth it.  I first tried the smallest size (which is only $18.00) and it lasted a super long time.  Once I finished it, I upgraded to the above size which retails for $52.00.  This primer feels wonderful on the skin, and keeps my foundation locked in place.
Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat - $35.00
The Ambient Lighting blushes came out 6-12 months ago and were incredibly hyped in the beauty world.  I do think this is a wonderful blush, but if this is not in your budget you are not missing out on too much.  I'd put your $35.00 towards a different Hourglass product.
Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Exposure - $58.00
champagne, aubergine, bronze, black violet, lilac
This eyeshadow palette is their newest release, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  I have been on the hunt for a purple eye shadow palette and when this popped up on Sephora.....well you know.  I have had this for about two weeks and have used it around three times (I don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis because I do not leave myself enough time).  Each time I have worn it, it has been absolutely stunning.  Definitely glad I invested in this.

Overall, I would say that Hourglass is one of my favorite brands of cosmetics.  Their products are high quality, the packaging is beautiful, they last for a long time, and they are formulated with really great ingredients!  I just ordered their other popular foundation, Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free Broad Spectrum SPF 15, which I cannot wait to try out! I just ran out of my current foundation, so since this is not mattifying like the Immaculate one, I hope it works well for my skin!  I will review in a few weeks and let you know.

Do you use anything from Hourglass?  If so, what products are you loving?  Let me know in the comments below :)

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment