Monday, September 22, 2014

Exercise of the Week: Plié Squats

Hello Everyone!

Hope your arms got a nice workout this past week.  Going to bring it back to the lower body this week with a tweak to a popular exercise.  Many people are familiar with basic squats, but something so easy as adjusting your foot position can work some additional muscles, so I introduce you to Plie Squats!  Think basic squat, but turn your feet out to the corners of the room at a 45 degree angle and then perform the squat.  Feel those inner thighs burning??  I thought so ;). I challenge you to perform 3 sets of 15 Plié Squats 3 times this week.

Plié Squats
Muscles Worked: Quads, Glutes, Inner Thighs, Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, and Calves
 
Starting Position
Standing with legs hips distance apart with feet turned outwards at 45 degree angles

Second Position
Go down into the squat
To add more difficulty feel free to add dumbbells in both hands and keep on hips or hold one heavy weight down between legs and try to touch the ground without compromising form!

Enjoy :)

- Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Hi Court, Your dilapidated aunt has been doing your Plie squats and they ARE NOT EASY. I have been losing my balance and nearly falling over. However, I am keeping at it and enjoy the stretch I feel in my upper thigh,which needs all the stretching it can get, thanks for the new exercise, xo am

    ReplyDelete